What is ‘Registered Training Supplier’ status?
What is the benefit of an RTS system?
- Registered Training Supplier (RTS) status is a method whereby suppliers of training services are assessed against pre-determined criteria, with those suppliers who satisfy the registration criteria being placed on the CSQ Registered Training Supplier database for a three (3) year period up to 30 June 2021.
- Registered Training Suppliers will receive an invitation-to-offer to apply for training procurement funding opportunities when they are released by CSQ.
- As it is a competitive and open market, there are no guarantees that RTOs who are invited-to-offer will receive a contract with CSQ.
- CSQ reserves the right to revoke an RTO’s RTS status at any time, for the following reasons:
- not maintaining the mandatory requirements to achieve RTS status; and/or
- non-compliance with the terms and conditions associated with CSQ funding contracts; and/or
- failure to lodge a funding application for two (2) consecutive funding rounds.
Who is eligible to become a Registered Training Supplier (RTS)?
- RTOs who obtain RTS status will not have to provide CSQ with financial, legal, insurance and general information for up to three (3) years (subject to that information remaining current and accurate from the time RTS status is granted)
- Streamlines the information required to be submitted in response to future invitations-to-offer.
- It provides CSQ with a register of pre-qualified suppliers and the regions they can deliver training in.
What if I need help with my application?
- Application for RTS is open to all RTO’s.
- RTO’s must meet the following requirements:
- must have an active RTO registration status (as indicated on www.training.gov.au)
- must be able to deliver training and assessment services to the Building and Construction Industry in Queensland
What is the RTS approval process?
- If assistance is required with the eProcure portal, RTO’s should refer to the help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on the portal.
- For further assistance relating to the system, RTO’s should contact the eProcure portal provider, TenderSearch, directly on 1800 377 628.
- All questions relating to the RTS application are to be made online through CSQ eProcure portal.
What happens if the RTS application is not approved?
- Registered Training Supplier (RTS) status will only be granted upon receipt, evaluation and approval of an RTO’s application.
- The evaluation and approval of applications will be ongoing, thereby allowing new RTO’s to engage with CSQ at any time during the three (3) year period up to 30 June 2021.
- Applications for RTS can only be made between 1 October and 30 June each year.
- Applicants will be notified in writing electronically of CSQ’s decision regarding their application.
What happens after the RTS status approval period expires?
- Applicants will be notified in writing electronically of the reasons why their application was not approved.
- Where the RTS application is not approved, RTO’s are unable to make another application until the reasons for the non-approval have been rectified. Once rectified, RTO’s can reapply by completing and submitting another online RTS application form.
- Where the reasons for the non-approval are such that rectification is not possible, RTOs will not be able to reapply and will be notified accordingly.
- Prior to the end of the RTS approval period, CSQ will conduct a review of all RTO’s holding RTS status to determine if they will be renewed for a further period.
- CSQ may request RTO’s to make application again via the CSQ eProcure system.
- RTOs holding RTS status who have not made an application for funding for the past two (2) years will have their RTS status revoked and will have to reapply for RTS if they wish to make future funding applications.
- Renewal of RTS for a further period will be dependent upon performance and compliance with the terms and conditions associated with CSQ funding contracts and continuing to meet the mandatory requirements to achieve RTS.
- Providers will be notified electronically by CSQ of the outcome of the review of their RTS status prior to 30 June.
This information is correct as at: 2/20/2018. Please visit the website to view the most up-to-date information.
Subscribe to CSQ
Subscribe now to receive newsletters, updates on the latest funding available, important industry developments
and events including awards and networking opportunities.