Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
This Competency Standard Unit covers compliance with working safely up to the defined “safe approach distance” near energised electrical apparatus (inc. electrical powerlines) for non-electrical workers. It includes work functions that may be performed, such as vegetation control, scaffolding, rigging, painting, and/or any other activity that requires working safely and complying with requirements and/or established procedures near live electrical apparatus by a non-electrical worker. Also included is the preparation of risk assessment control measures that encompass job safety assessment. It does not include any work that is or may be performed by other competent operatives within the defined “safe working zone”. The defined “safe working zone” is that so defined by relevant State or Territory regulatory agencies/bodies, local government legislation, Industry bi-partite body – Guidelines/Codes of Practices or other related requirements for Safe work and access near live Electrical and Mechanical Apparatus.
Eligibility for funding
It is important to note that only eligible participants may receive funding for eligible courses. Select a course to view the funding program options, eligibility criteria and find a Registered Training Organisation in your location.Check Eligibility
Eligible participant means:
- a participant who has the right to work in Australia and is an eligible worker or unemployed eligible worker
AND MUST NOT BE
- an Employee of an Authority (Employees of a Local Councils are acceptable where they are an eligible worker)
- currently enrolled and participating in a Queensland secondary school program
- a contracted trainer or assessor or existing worker of an RTO
- funded by an Authority or such other source for the delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this Program
- a participant who is seeking a Verification of Competency (or Determination of Competency)
- a participant who has already been funded under this program for eight (8) short courses in the same program period
LIMITS APPLY for certain units of competency.
- Participants can only be funded for 3 High Risk Work units of competency in the same program period.
- Participants can only be funded for 3 Mobile Plant Operator units of competency in the same program period.
Apprentice Advance Loading
CSQ Max Funding Contribution:
Short Courses Building
Save this Course
View Course Providers
How to apply for this course
- Check your eligibility
- Check the list of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) below
- Find a provider located near you
- Contact the provider directly using the contact details listed
Currently offered by 7 Training Providers
Many CSQ-funded training options are now being offered online or as a blend of online or in-person delivery. Not all courses and qualifications are available for online delivery. Contact the provider directly to discuss online availability in your preferred region.