References to “Eventbrite” in these Terms and Conditions is to the third-party ticketing agency used by BCITF (Qld) Limited as trustee for the Building and Construction Industry Training Fund (Qld) trading as Construction Skills Queensland (“CSQ”, “we”, “us”, “our”) ABN 50 250 769 472. The term “you” refers to the individual or business purchasing tickets or attending Events. The term Venue refers to the Brisbane Entertainment and Convention Centre.
Application of Terms
1. By purchasing a ticket through Eventbrite’s website, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Tickets are sold or issued by Eventbrite as the agent for CSQ which is managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the service, event or performance for which the ticket is sold or issued. The name of the event and/or the venue to which your ticket relates is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from Eventbrite.
All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against CSQ, not Eventbrite, except where you have a legal right against Eventbrite under the Australian Consumer Law or another law.
3. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are available online or you can ask CSQ for a copy. For events at BCEC the terms and conditions of entry are available at https://www.bcec.com.au/visit/conditions-of-entry/.
Tickets are only valid if purchased through Eventbrite.
4. Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. Eventbrite may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
5. Ticket proceeds are held by Eventbrite and will be refunded if the event does not proceed, as required by the Australian Consumer Law.
6. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
7. Bookings are subject to availability.
Pricing and Payment
8. Prices are subject to change without notice.
9. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase. If we agree to exchange your ticket, an exchange fee may apply.
10. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
11. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), CSQ may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
Delivery, Collection and Printing of Tickets
12. As tickets are self-printed e-tickets, then in the event that a duplicate copy of this ticket appears, CSQ and the Venue reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase. Unauthorised duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the Venue.
13. Prior to purchasing a ticket through the Eventbrite website, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your user account (including your password) and not provide it to any other person.
14. You are responsible for your use of the Eventbrite website and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, please notify EventBrite immediately and reset your password.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
15. Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, CSQ and EventBrite may charge an administration fee to issue replacement tickets and may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
16. Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and CSQ.
17. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. The terms and conditions of entry are available at https://www.bcec.com.au/visit/conditions-of-entry/.
18. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
19. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
20. CSQ films and photographs every event. You consent to being filmed or photographed by CSQ (or its representatives) and to CSQ using your name, likeness, image and/or voice in such photographs or films for the purpose of promoting our events, services and products. No remuneration is payable for such use.
Refunds, Exchanges, Cancellations and Changes
21. CSQ may add, withdraw or substitute presenters or vary advertised programs, presenter times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
22. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated and provided EventBrite receives authorisation from CSQ, EventBrite and CSQ will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, CSQ & Eventbrite does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event.
23. You may be entitled at law to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither EventBrite nor CSQ will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. EventBrite and CSQ recommend that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
24. Subject to clause 30, EventBrite in conjunction with CSQ will provide a refund or exchange where you advise CSQ, within a reasonable period of time before the event, that you or any other members of your booking party are required to isolate or quarantine under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period).
25. The refund or exchange provided under Clause 29:
a) will only apply in respect of the tickets for you and/or the booking party members who are affected by one or more of the circumstances set out in Clause 29;
b) will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and
c) will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the Venue for the event and are refused entry, or asked to leave, on the basis that CSQ and/or the Venue reasonably forms the view that:
i. any of the circumstances set out in Clause 29 apply; or
ii. you or any of the other booking party members have failed to comply with any COVID-19 safety requirements or directions.
26. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither EventBrite nor CSQ are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
27. If EventBrite reasonably forms the view that a ticket has been:
a) purchased with a stolen credit card;
b) sold in violation of Clause 34 (No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales); or
c) has been otherwise purchased or acquired fraudulently, EventBrite in conjunction with CSQ may cancel the ticket.
28. Where EventBrite reasonably forms the view that the ticket was purchased with a stolen credit card, EventBrite will take reasonable steps to refund the ticket price to that credit card unless it is unable to do so (for example, where the credit card has been cancelled).
No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales
29. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without EventBrite prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
30. By purchasing a ticket, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information as detailed in:
This may include the disclosure of your personal information to CSQ and/or the Venue and/or EventBrite.
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
31. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
32. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
33. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of EventBrite, Venue and CSQ.
Limitation of Liability
34. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), CSQ & Eventbrite are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of CSQ is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
35. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the EventBrite website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
36. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
37. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.